07 April 2012

Chknsht - Action Jackass for the ages

My fascination with brindles knows no bounds and long ears and exotics are another of my passions.  When I found this guy, Kings Mountain Tommy on J. Sharon Batteatte's site: http://www.brindlehorses.com/brindlehos/index.htm I was sold.  Yup, reel me in.  This guy is too cool for skool!  Gotta have me an ass like that!  I thought long and hard about who this guy would be and knew I had to have Chicken Ripple as his sire.  I'd come up with a dam and a body later. 
I kept my eyes open, scoping the long eared fare that was available on the resin market and while I had at that time a few in my possession, I wasn't satisified that I had the right animal for my guy.  I knew I wanted someone more along the stock type rather than the saddle type mule.  By the grace of all that which is good the opportunity presented itself in the form of an offering for sale one Herden ShaZaam unpainted, unprepped and at a price I couldn't refuse!  I jumped at the opportunity to purchase this guy - thanks again, Jean!  He was the ass I was waiting for.  As soon as I got him I knew who he was going to be, it was just a matter of time to get him painted. 

Chknsht, the long-eared son of Chicken Ripple, did not start life as a half-assed remake but came right off the slab in full glory.  My new Action Jackass made his halter debut at Nebraska Model Horse Expo in 2011 under Carra McClelland.  When announcing his division championship he was dubbed, in a quick coinage of his name, "Chicken Stuff" due to the presence of younger children in the show hall.  He is still referred to by this name when in polite company. 

Breakaway Calf Roping

Having been bitten hard by the performance bug, I worked hard to outfit my striped ass in the proper equipment and with as nice of props as I could make or afford to purchase.  He made his performance debut also in 2011 at American Heartland Live under Deb Omel in the Custom/AR performance division.  While he did not fare as well as I had hoped - he was against some seriously stiff competition - I did enjoy showing my ass off and learning a great deal about how to improve my performance entries. 
All in all, Chknsht has earned his stripes and is now my primary Western Performance beast.  He is joining the ranks of my striped performance tour de force:  Brenda, Ripple, Toad, Banty, Tasty.  With our token Appy; Cinder. 


No comments:

Post a Comment